GomSpace is a globally leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite solutions for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, cubesat platforms, advanced miniaturized radio technology and satellite operations. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and to delivering flawlessly. We are more than 150 employees, from many different nationalities, and we serve our customers in more than 60 countries.
Ambitious Space Company is looking for a Simulations Engineer
GomSpace Luxembourg SARL is seeking a “Simulations Engineer”. The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark, is running satellite operations from Luxembourg. GomSpace is a nanosatellite specialist established over 10 years ago, listed in Stockholm and with a very good track record in the market for nanosatellites.
We are seeking a Simulations Engineer to join the growing software innovation team in Luxembourg. You will be responsible for the modelling and development simulations for our GomSpace Mega-Constellations Operations Platform, a modern highly scalable cloud-based platform to operate the space and ground segment of satellite constellations. You will work in a multinational team, as part of our DevOps team, interacting regularly with the systems engineers and satellite operators. This role is based in Luxembourg.
The Job Incluces the Following Set of Tasks:
- Reviewing existing models, designing and implementing them
- Integrate those models in the platform
- Review real-world data to calibrate the model
- Optimize the model for scalability of constellations
- Be part of the DevOps team developing the platform
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- Experience with robotics, mechatronics, swarms, simulations or systems engineering
- Experience with algorithms for simulation of both continuous time systems and discrete events systems incl. implementation in general purpose programming languages (e.g. C or Java)
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with distributed simulation systems
- Familiar with space systems engineering.
- Quick learner of new technologies.
- Working experience in Agile teams.
- Results-driven mindset with analytical skills and the ability to innovate.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
Please send your application in English.
GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturised radio technology. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly. We are listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Denmark and have subsidiaries in Sweden, Singapore, North America and Luxembourg. We are more than 200 employees servicing customers in more than 55 countries. Learn more on www.gomspace.com