GomSpace is a globally leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite solutions for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, cubesat platforms, advanced miniaturized radio technology and satellite operations. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and to delivering flawlessly. We are more than 150 employees, from many different nationalities, and we serve our customers in more than 60 countries.
GomSpace Luxembourg S.à.r.l. is looking for a “Deep Space PA/QA Lead Engineer”. The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark, has established a subsidiary in Luxembourg, which is expanding its nanosatellite capabilities to Deep Space Missions. Listed in Stockholm, The GomSpace Group has a very good track record in the market for nanosatellites.
We are seeking a Deep Space Systems Engineer to work on ambitious deep-space cubesat missions. The work will include the design and development of the mission and spacecraft platform. You will be responsible for mission design, requirements development, performing trade studies, defining and managing interfaces, and conducting integration and test activities. Looking for engineer with cubesat experience, preferably with knowledge of spacecraft operations outside earth orbit. This role is based in Luxembourg.
The PA/QA is responsible for activities such as:
- Definition of PA standards in accordance with customer requirements
- Participation in the project reviews and key decision points
- Communicating with outside suppliers regarding quality and reliability
- Provide inputs to quality matters related to EEE parts and material engineering
- Verifying the reliability of systems through analysis and test with associated documentation
- Ensure preventive actions are in place for known quality issues and avoiding repetitive problems
- Manage configuration items, and ensure configuration control program is followed/enforced
- Work in anomaly handling, reporting, and closure
- Management and execution of job tasks
- Focal point of PA related activities with the customer
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- 4+ years work experience in the space industry, preferably in system engineering
- Understanding of system engineering processes and practices
- Understanding of deep space missions and relevance to spacecraft design
- Work in a small team, closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Masters degree or higher in relevant field
Addiitonal desired skills:
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) Design
- Understanding spacecraft autonomy
- Structure complete test campaigns to ESA standards
- Experience with GN&C and optical navigation
- Generation and analysis of top-level functional requirements
- Definition of test strategies for space qualification activities such as: Up-screening of COTS EEE parts; Definition of strategies and procedures for AIT / AIV; Negotiation of QA requirements, qualification plans and test strategies;
- Specialized procurement, targeting high-reel parts while avoiding high expensive materials or potential issues with EAR-ITAR;
- Deep understanding and tailoring of ECSS-E-ST-10C, ECSS-Q-ST-60-13C and ECSS-Q-ST-70-12C standards;
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Work place will be in our premises at 11, boulevard du Jazz, Esch-Belvaux, Luxembourg. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we do not receive applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link below.