Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
GomSpace Luxembourg SARL is looking for a “Backend Software Engineer”. The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark is a nanosatellite specialist established over 10 years ago, listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange and with a very good track record in the market for nanosatellites. GomSpace Luxembourg is running satellite operations in the newly developed and growing Innovation and Technological hub of Luxembourg, located in the city of Belval.
We are seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join the growing innovation team in Luxembourg. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the GomSpace Hands-off Operations Platform (HOOP), a modern highly scalable cloud-based platform to operate the space and ground segment of multiple satellite constellations projects. You will work in a multinational engineering team and participate in defining, designing, implementing, documenting, testing and releasing new features.
- Working as part of our software engineering team, participating to DevOps practices, collaborating with colleagues on code reviews, continuous improvement and enforcement of coding best practices
- Analyzing requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Designing HOOP services and their features, programming and documenting them.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to improve maximum speed
- Developing a Cloud Native solution in AWS (and other)
- Integration of 3rd party tooling.
- Streamlining applications using containerization technologies.
- Writing test and participating in release process.
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- Participate to maintaining environments and to the development of our infrastructure offering.
- Owning and improving the quality and delivery of the solutions you build.
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with others, as well as helping them to grow.
- Contributing to the tech roadmap, the tech radar and our collectives.
- Proactively participate in Scrum ceremonies
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- Experience in OO development and design patterns.
- Experience in designing, building and monitoring RESTful APIs and Microservices.
- Familiarity with cloud and application platforms (e.g. AWS).
- Proven experience in our Back technology stack, any Front experience is a plus
- Experience in unit and integration testing.
- Working experience in Agile / Scrum / DevOps teams.
- Strong team player.
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Results-driven mindset with analytical skills and the ability to innovate.
- Quick learner. Able to catch up fast with new technologies.
- You’re up-to-date with the world’s newest technologies and keen to implement and evolve them with us.
Our tech stack
- Java 17, Spring Boot
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- ElasticSearch, Kibana
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Terraform, Ansible
- CSS, HTML
- Node/Yarn packet manager
- Cypress testing framework
- Flexible working hours
- Home office opportunities
- Company laptop and latest phone
- Meal vouchers
- Free parking space
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic, growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion, which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace