You now have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers on the global market. In the industry, GomSpace is known for our software-defined radio solutions that implement advanced Signal Processing functionality. To realize these radio solutions, we rely on a solid, general software platform that span many projects and helps accelerate development of new applications. We need your help to become even better on that front.
At GomSpace you will have the opportunity to work with software platform and framework development in C, C++ and Python. The primary work is targeted at our radio and signal processing solutions, but the work also has strong focus on test development on e.g., our automatic testing framework.
The work ranges from software system design to implementation and testing of software solutions. We primarily deploy our software as Linux applications but also write firmware for our line of RF front-ends which are based on FreeRTOS.
At GomSpace we offer you challenging work on exciting products with skilled colleagues. Together we have the skills across all engineering disciplines to build great products. We launch them into space and get excited about testing them out from a distance and see them perform.
The Job Includes the Following Set of Tasks:
- Software design, implementation and testing
- C++ framework and applications
- Network interfaces and protocols
- Custom application-layer network protocols
- Point of failure identification and Fault Detection and Isolation
- Verification, and testing using automated build and test systems
- Work from system requirements to space qualified products being launched into space
- Help prepare software tasks and breakdown of work for agile planning
You will be a part of the software team which belongs to our cross-disciplinary ‘Signal Processing and Radio Communications’ team which also includes colleagues specializing in digital hardware, radio frequency hardware, and antennas.
You possess a strong personal drive, commitment, and sense of ownership. You take pride in the quality of your work and cannot wait to see your software being launched into space.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with the tasks mentioned below. However, we value applications from experienced and newly graduated candidates alike.
We seek the Following Qualifications:
- Relevant technical education, at least a bachelor’s degree or similar
- Work experience within software design and product development
- You most likely define yourself as a software engineer with knowledge of embedded systems
- You feel at home programming in Python and C/C++ for embedded Linux systems
- You may have experience with HDL design for FPGAs, but it is not a must
- Our satellites and SDR run a Linux OS. Therefore, our primary development platform is Linux. It is a massive benefit if you are comfortable with that already.
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Fluent in English at a professional level
We are a project driven organization, and our working method is agile, task-based, and inspired by SCRUM. The aim is to give you, as a developer, piece of mind in relation to what you focus on 2 weeks at a time. We offer employment in a dedicated, highly skilled, and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis. If you have any questions with regard to the position do not hesitate to contact our Head of Signal Processing and Radio Communications, Bjarke Ebbesen on email@example.com or +45-42907038.
Work place will be in our premises at 11 boulevard du Jazz, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we do not receive applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link below.