Driving Southeast Asia Forward Together
Get to know our Team:
- Open minded and work smart
- Supportive environment with Managers allowing some level of independence.
The day-to-day activities and requirements:
- Having a strong legal, analytical, communication and presentation skills (commensurate with the candidate’s experience);
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on any commercial contracts related to company’s business (e.g. e-hailing and transportation laws, e-payment, privacy law, anti competitive laws), including but not limited to providing advice on labour laws, consumer protection laws, criminal laws;
- Research on laws and assisting Regional Counsel;
- Supervising and co-ordinating with the external lawyers to be in accordance with the company’s direction and/or strategies;
- Having an ability to understand the business, commercial requirements, company’s strategies and directions, its people and its organisational structures;
- Having awareness of legal and commercial risks as well as the ability to balance such risks against business benefits, with appropriate mitigation measures taken;
- Having an ability to work collaboratively and communicate with others, both within and outside Legal team;
- Having an ability to work under immense pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Having an ability to do multiple-task;
- Having good management skills;
- Having independently handle routine legal matters within the company’s business, with limited support from other more senior regional lawyers;
- Having creative thinking to contribute the legal initiatives (e.g. risk management, training, standard contracts review, etc.) as assigned by direct report; and
- Establishing and communicating best practices applicable to contracts, and other areas of legal risks management.
The must haves:
- Bachelor degree in Law from a recognised university with a 2:1
- Called to the English Bar or Myanmar Bar
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Burmese language (including legal language and terminology)
- Having the ability and commitment to travel within and, at times on short notice, in Myanmar.
- 3-5 years working experience from a reputable law firm, with a preference of 2-3 years in-house counsel in multi-national company.
- Having experience in relevant areas of the company’s business such as commercial contracts, electronic payment laws, corporate matters etc.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.