With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
An Analogue/Power Electronics Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The role will be a member of a team of analogue electronics designers, contributing to the design of complex high reliability power system designs. Candidates should show strong aptitude and enthusiasm for the area of power and analogue electronics.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design of analogue electronic hardware for a space environment, from schematic capture to PCB layout.
- Design of high reliability, high efficiency DC/DC converters, battery charging and protection design.
- Taking designs from prototype through to production of flight hardware.
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Previous professional experience is not required but it will be considered.
- Ability to work in a group of engineers and technicians to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to understand analogue and power electronics circuits.
- Knowledge of digital electronics and integration within analogue systems, knowledge of power conversion topologies.
- Basic knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software.
- Ability to diagnose and debug existing and new electronic designs.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Experience designing power converters.
- This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.