Making microgravity testing easy, affordable and faster to access
Gravitilab Aerospace Services is based near Norwich, with collaborations and operations with launch partners in Scotland. An exciting, fast-growing start-up and industry pathfinder for microgravity testing services and aiding UK space science goals. With decades of experience in rocket technology, we are now seeking a new member of the team to expand our expertise in the field of electronics and power distribution circuitry.
Electronics design engineer for aerospace applications
- Design high reliability and robust aerospace electronics for low-risk suborbital flights
- Ensure safety critical electronics are designed with fail-safe techniques and sufficient redundancy
- Design high efficiency power electronic systems to operate robust actuators
- To design, assemble and test systems by following a process similar to ECSS guidelines used for ESA projects.
- To help manage electronic design projects and equipment across the company
- To be involved in the ideation, planning and design of upcoming projects
- To take responsibility for each project undertaken and, depending on experience, leading how the project development is run and who is involved in it
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar relevant field
- Strong experience with circuit design and simulation (e.g. SPICE based tools)
- Experience with the design of embedded electronic systems
- 2+ years’ experience in the field of Electronic Engineering
- Awareness of ECSS standards, and experience of projects through Phase 0/A To D/E
- Soldering and/or PCB reflow experience
- Experience with Altium PCB design software (or similar software)
- Experience with using common communication methods such as SPI, I2C etc.
- Familiarity with electrical interfaces and connection methods
- Knowledge of RF electronics or Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is an added bonus
- Experience developing electronic systems within the Aerospace industries or harsh environments.
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Open minded and willing to engage with a variety of tasks/duties
- Good Microsoft Office skills, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Positive and proactive ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to understand a ‘new space’ start-up environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Our workshop and office are open plan meaning that you’re only ever a few metres away from every other technical team member supporting creative, transdisciplinary and out-of-the-box discussions and ideas.
- Have real responsibility for technical subsystems as every person has an important role in our rapidly growing start-up.
- Develop new skills and competencies fast through on the job training
- Work with an enthusiastic and energetic technical team where there is never a dull moment
Include cover letter and CV with application