Serco Services GmbH part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We are looking for a team of experienced and motivated system engineers. The team will work on several ground segments with roles focusing on development or operations and maintenance phases.
This activity is intended to support the whole Payload Data Ground Segment implementation cycle, covering:
- Requirements Engineering
- Contribute to the System Requirements Definition and Maintenance Process
- System & interface design
- Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments
- Integration, Verification & Validation
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the operational infrastructure.
- Contribute to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground systems
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach and/or maintaining existing model baselines.
- Contribution to Operations
- Activities for the preparation and contribution to the Operations of the Ground Segment.
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation and the baseline
- Participation in project specific activities
- Contribute to the various Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering contributions during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidates will have:
- University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation
- Project management experience, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segment Development
- Knowledge of the Earth Observation missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant Engineering standards
- Ability to write technical documents and converse in English
- Good communication skills and ability to work in international teams
- Knowledge of the following tools
- Automated Testing
- Agile techniques
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS
- Scripting languages in a Linux environment
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if required)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.