It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Based in the Isle of Man, the Ground System Engineer will implement and provide operational support for ground stations and systems/processes for the Isle of Man and teleports abroad which are used to enable SES spacecraft deployments/operations as well as to deliver services to SES customers. The post holder will design, analyze, specify, implement and enhance SES Tracking, Telemetry & Control and Teleport Communications Systems as well as the Ground Control & Monitoring Systems that SES requires in order to fulfill its multiple satellite missions. The post holder will maintain and enhance Spacecraft Operation Control (SOC) infrastructures and associated baseband systems. The successful candidate will lead and/or support the above tasks for SES SL ground stations as well as for other SES entities located abroad. This position will require the post holder to travel up to 50% of their time.
- Perform project management activities over the full project life cycles of the ground systems and SOC including: collection/definition of the requirements, tracking the schedule and budget, leading procurement activities and performing the associated oversight with selected vendors, providing 2nd/3rd level operational support, implement contract auditing and supporting GI/STP for 3rd party Teleport Contracts for SES satellites as part of standard operating procedures
- Deliver clear, concise, timely and constructive strategic or technical guidance and co-operative support to peers/customers in and outside the company as an established expert in the ground engineering field and act as a trusted representative of the company including 1st level support for the Isle of Man Teleport and other Teleports as required by other SES entities.
- Sound analytical skills, innovative mind, coordination & priority setting, problem solving.
- Project & time management, critical task/tactical related decision making.
- Negotiation skills, assertiveness and ability to seek working solutions within program constraints.
- Vendor relation skills and diplomatic skills as well as the ability to provide practical conclusions.
- Good knowledge on electrical power systems, cooling systems and civil/structural engineering.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Other languages considered as assets.
- University degree (BS/MS) in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer and/or as Project Manager.
- Ability to obtain security clearance to access restricted, ITAR controlled documents.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!