All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space Technologies is a Queensland-based launch provider with a vision of providing low-cost access to space, and to enable human spaceflight and exploration. This role is based in Pimpama, a suburb situated half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
As part of a small, passionate team of experts, you will be responsible for designing algorithms and implementing flight-critical software for Gilmour’s Eris vehicle – a rocket system to deliver small satellites to orbit. The control laws include algorithms responsible for communicating to the effectors and sensors on the vehicle. This role is intended to support early and mid-career engineers that seek to professionally grow into more seasoned aerospace engineers responsible for autonomous systems development. You should be comfortable in working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating individual leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Your responsibilities would be to:
- Design, analyse, and tune vehicle attitude and position control loops using time and frequency domain techniques
- Analyse and test the vehicle GNC subsystem performance using simulations and other analytic tools
- Implement GNC algorithms in flight software and support flight software qualification testing
- Support software verification efforts, including HIL qualification test programs
- Perform analyses, including simulations, to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Identify opportunities for improving safety and reducing operational costs
You will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree, plus related experience
- Previous experience with design of algorithms for classical, modern, and non-linear control system design theory,
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing inner-loop control systems and software for linear and nonlinear sensor and actuator subsystems including the development of models suitable for control system design
- Experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK and associated auto coding practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development practices
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.