HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the EUMETSAT Acceptance and Delivery activities, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Retrieval of the SW packages from EUMETSAT repositories after a request is raised;
- Using automated SW scanning tools to analyse SW packages against third party IPRs, to identify potential vulnerabilities in SW packages, and assess the Quality of SW packages;
- To produce a report to be sent to the requesters and to provide answers and clarifications about the report, if required;
- SW checks and analysis as part of the engineering evolutions, new developments and maintenance activities performed in the Operational Ground Segments;
- Using JIRA (or any similar ticketing system) for the internal management of the end-to-end SW check requests, from the moment the request is raised, until the results are reported;
- Internal management of the resources of this service to perform the SW checks according to its priority, complexity and committed time of response defined by EUMETSAT;
- Checking and reporting of any issue identified in the SW checks tools preventing their use or affecting the quality of the results;
- Provision of service to the engineering teams;
- Provision of weekly indicators on the status of the Software checks and service performance.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, complemented by at least 3 years of professional experience in SW checks and analysis, SW Quality or SW Engineering;
- Experience in the use of SW analysis tools such as SW Quality and IPR checking tools;
- Experience in the analysis of IPR checking results, associated risks and formulation of derived recommendations;
- Experience in the management of services called by users, acting as interface with them and managing their requests until closure;
- Experience in the creation of documentation, good practices and implementation guides for the execution of the activities and for training purposes;
- Experience in the SW & System Engineering, providing Quality Assurance support to new developments, evolutions, and maintenance activities;
- Experience in the definition, gathering and analysis of quality related indicators during SW / System development and maintenance phases;
- Experience in SW checks (SW quality, IPR, security);
- Experience in Coding Standards, with special focus on C/C++, Java, Python and FORTRAN;
- Experience in software development projects;
- Experience with new technologies (e.g. Cloud Computing, Docker) and development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DevOps);
- Generation of metrics, indicators and dashboards, with focus on software quality and software development processes;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the Apply button quoting job DE-HP-4336 before 21-Aug-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.