Passionate about people and passionate about space
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Senior Embedded SW Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Software development for NewSpace satellite payloads and equipment team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Embedded software development for NewSpace satellite payloads and equipment;
- Software requirements analysis;
- Software design and design reviews;
- Integration and testing;
- Verification and validation of embedded real-time systems.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Embedded S/W ARM M-cores, preferred M4 (3+ years of experience);
- Embedded real time OS, FreeRTOS, PikeOS etc., including schedulers, messaging (3+ years of experience);
- ARM M4 bare metal implementations;
- Hardware device driver fail safe implementation;
- Communication packet decoders (e.g., PUS, CSP);
- Robust measurement data management (sanity checks, outlier removal, adaptive threshold detection, …) with minimum footprint;
- Defensive / robust programming;
- Programming on resource limited targets (low memory footprint, simple routines);
- Possible review of detailed design documents / code review (requires 5+ years of experience in the skills described above);
- Experience with Grafana, customizing, implementing of dashboards;
- Experience with Zynq Ultrascale+ processors (A53, R5), especially lower level tasks, file system drivers, hardware drivers, communication protocol handlers, CAN interfaces;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.