Passionate about people and passionate about space
Our customer is a European organisation providing satellite operations and ground station tracking network services. You will be working onsite as part of the Mission Control Team.
- Mission preparation and implementation of the relevant ground segment.
- Familiarization with the mission characteristics and supporting the operational analyses of the mission.
- Support to the porting, development, integration and validation of the ground systems and facilities required for including all elements of the mission data systems.
- Provide operations support to the Spacecraft Operations Manager at systems & spacecraft level for mission management and mission planning
- Prepare and validate nominal and contingency procedures for flight and for spacecraft testing on ground
- Support the SOVs, ground segment integration tests, training and simulations
- Participate in all flight operations following the wake-up
- Support in-flight operations, including nominal, critical, contingency and on-call support
- Support off-line evaluation of the spacecraft in-flight performance
- Support maintenance of on-board software for the assigned areas
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in engineering, science or other relevant discipline
- Several years of professional experience in system engineering
- Understanding of interplanetary mission operations
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics architecture (data handling and AOCS)
- Understanding of Flight Control Team tasks and responsibilities pre- and post-launch
- Understanding of ground systems and facilities required to support spacecraft operations including the area of mission planning
- Ability to work independently as well as good communication skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory; French would be an asset