HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
We are currently looking for a Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Flight Software Systems Section, at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software;
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics;
- Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software;
- Tasks within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications;
- Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set;
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management;
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology programme.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Space Systems engineering;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Experience with embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicores etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering tools;
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, quoting job NL – 4262.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Our benefits in the Netherlands
We offer competitive compensation and our benefits packages are customized per location to better match local needs. Here in the spotlight are 3 of them for our employees located in the Netherlands.
Financial Support for your relocation expenses and the company organizes and pays for one month’s accommodation.
Contribution to health insurance
HE Space contributes a monthly amount to the statutory health insurance premium covering basic healthcare.
Training & Professional Development
Your individual training needs are important to us, and we support your attendance at conferences, e-learning, conventional group and individual classes.