Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Satellite Applications Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (e.g. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains;
- Assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space based applications and their integration with terrestrial solutions to support the identified services and applications in an end-to-end context;
- Implement activities with industry, operators, application providers and user communities addressed to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of space based assets in accordance to the checklist ESA-TIAA-PR-2014-0310;
- Development and implementation of methodologies and tools for the assessment of end-to-end performance of multimedia applications;
- Analysis and assessment of the business and regulatory aspects associated with the launch and commercial operations of satellite based applications and services.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Significant experience in satellite and possibly in terrestrial systems requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations and associated management experience;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites;
- Some familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- High standard of document drafting;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2020.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, quoting job UK-HP-4289 before 30-May-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Our benefits in Germany
We offer competitive compensation and our benefits packages are customized per location to better match local needs. Here in the spotlight are 3 of them for our employees located in Germany at our industry customers.
Financial Support for your relocation expenses and Administrative support from our relocation agent to ease the move. When necessary we support also the Visa application to live and work in Germany.
30 Days Vacation
Joining HE Space in Germany you will enjoy 30 days paid vacation per year, plus the public holidays.
You can enjoy some flexibility with regards to your start and leave time. Moreover, if you work longer than your contractual time, this time can be accumulated and taken at a different time when business allows, in accordance with your line manager.