HE Space is a leading contracting company specialised in providing managed services and human resources to the space sector. We employ space experts in the fields of engineering, science, operations, software development and administration. Our employees contribute towards every major European space programme.
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Ground Segment Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The initiation, monitoring and controlling, in collaboration with the Procurement and other relevant ESA Departments, development activities for the satellite communication market;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of managed activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone-completion dates;
- The identification and definition of needs for future satellite communication systems and services;
- Satellite Communication Projects implemented in the Directorate when required;
- Coordination with internal ESA stakeholders as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- MSc in Satellite Communications, Telecommunications systems or similar;
- Experience in supervising technology and product development activities carried out by industry for satellite communication applications;
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes are an asset;
- Knowledge of ground segment satcom market and system architectures is an asset;
- Knowledge of 5G/6G, optical communication and/or security and safety is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Our benefits in the UK
We offer competitive compensation and our benefits packages are customized per location to better match local needs. Here in the spotlight are 3 of them for our employees located in the UK.
Financial Support for your relocation expenses to Harwell and one month’s paid accommodation if needed.
All our employees in the UK fall under a pension scheme. HE Space contributes to this pension scheme.
Training & Professional Development
Your individual training needs are important to us, and we support your attendance at conferences, e-learning, conventional group and individual classes .
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4975.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!