Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering high-quality, advanced solutions to and with our clients. The trust they place in our international teams inspires us to also pursue innovative projects that require pragmatic approaches and adaptable thinking. Every day we face new challenges and, as a result, we evolve. Our trusting work environment, multicultural understanding and fundamental technical expertise form the basis our company culture.
This is a job for an ambitious and experienced Bid Manager looking for a professional environment that values success and high quality and provides diverse development opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Bid Manager to lead a team in support of our business objectives.
He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day bid management activities, as well as leading a team of bid managers, successfully managing multiple internal and external interfaces.
The successful applicant will become a member of the Sales and Marketing team. This position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt. The position is full time and limited for a one year contract (parental leave replacement) and can start as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Defining and/or maintaining the Sales & Bid Process
- Distributing work, allocating and monitoring tasks
- Reporting to Chief Commercial Officer, including the provision of monthly reports
- Direct management of staff including development, training and annual performance reviews
- Managing the team’s workload
- Addressing and resolving day-to-day issues related to the Bid Management Team.
Work in General
- Ensuring the quality, completeness, compliance and timely submission of the proposals submitted to clients on behalf of Telespazio VEGA
- Performing the planning and management of an increasing number of bids, particularly those that are most valuable, complex, or those which require multiple authors and technical input, using knowledge of best practice, lessons learned, and intimate knowledge of client tender conditions and processes to achieve the desired results
- Effectively leading the coordination with internal and external contributors to proposals
- The authoring of typically management, contractual, and administrative proposals based on detailed knowledge of client tender conditions, Statements of Work, draft contracts and best practice techniques
- Ensuring adherence to the Sales & Bid Process by all those who participate in it, with emphasis on the mandatory steps and the filing of formal company records (authorizations, binding offers etc.)
- Providing a proposal review service using experienced and trained bid managers with the necessary language and technical skills and knowledge of client tender conditions, to ensure consistency, readability and correctness of proposals
- Maintaining repositories of information, including CVs, staff profiles, management boiler-plate, graphics and any other information that is typically useful for the writing of proposals
- Maintain the Proposal Template(s) and associated macro utilities
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the content quality and presentation of the proposals through lessons learned, feedback, training and knowledge of best practice
- Leading the preparation for (external) audits related to the Sales & Bid Process
- Education and studies in business administration, or similar
- At least 5 years of experience in bid management
- Experience in leading a team
- APMP Foundation Level Certification.
- Fluent English and German speaking and writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and an appreciation of process and quality
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage own workload with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Convincing skills getting others on board
- A team player with a good sense of humour.
- Familiarity with the Aerospace domain or another engineering /technical sector
- Working experience in a multi-national environment.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.