An exciting opportunity to be a pivotal leader in the growth of Australia’s largest sovereign defence exporter.
EOS is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Head of ICT, accountable for defining and delivering ICT strategy and capabilities across the enterprise.
This role will include overseeing the development and support of the EOS systems, infrastructure, security and technical services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of ICT will be responsible for giving oversight and direction to ICT and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for implementing suitable technology solutions to maximise the strategic benefits.
The Head of ICT will be a key contributor to the enterprise strategy and planning process and will be responsible for both ICT operations and for technology and digital innovation.
Positive and effective leadership is critical to your success in this role.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Advise the executive team on the emerging technologies and digital trends.
- Advise the executive team of regulatory changes, emerging threats and implement appropriate control mechanisms and security architecture based on risks.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimise their strategic benefits.
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all cyber, technical, infrastructure, cloud, web, and mobile services.
- Oversee cyber security accreditation requirements.
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to ICT professionals of other staff within the organisation.
- Develop an enterprise wide security program to manage policies, standards, and processes designed to protect information assets.
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotelycontrolled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units.
EOS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees.
How to Apply
If you are ready for positive changes in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications, therefore we encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances. This will be arranged for you, if successful.