Kawa makes space technology accessible to everyone.
The Head of Space Systems will be responsible for leading Kawa Space’s space and ground segment engineering development programs.
As the Head of the department, you will be the technical expert for a variety of projects, spanning requirements development, satellite and ground station design, vehicle integration, manufacturing, reliability, systems engineering, and testing.
You will be responsible for overseeing multiple engineering disciplines and designs in all aspects of spacecraft and ground station development. These disciplines range from RF analysis to structures, to electrical, to power, to data, to software, to systems integration, and quality assurance.
This position requires a highly-experienced spacecraft design engineer who will drive innovative technical designs, ultimately shaping Kawa’s satellite and ground station programs. A passion for tackling and challenging often seemingly impossible problems is necessary. The VP of Space Systems must have experience leading a successful small satellite/spacecraft development program from design through the operation.
This role requires a high level of autonomy and ingenuity.
- Prior experience in leading spacecraft design, and launch teams
- Strong experience in Space program management
- Ability to build a high-performance team
- Core skills in:
- Space-related technologies, satellite operations, and intelligence
- Space situational awareness and space control/counter space
- Modelling and simulation of space operations
- Orbital mechanics
- Space system acquisition, protection, and vulnerabilities
- Deterrence with knowledge of military/strategic communications, and public affairs
- Computer analysis and simulation tools such as Matlab and STK
- Good Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, project leaders, team members, and contractors
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
- Ability to think strategically and develop and implement long-range business strategies
- Adept with financial planning and general business accounting principles
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to mediate and cope with conflict and crisis.
- Experience with performance management, strategic planning, and process improvement
- Ability to make/implement effective decisions
The favoured candidate shall have skills in:
- Detailed knowledge of national security, space systems and operations.
- Previous experience in a space agency.
- Expert in developing concepts, integrated C2, operations and intelligence initiatives.
- Experience with rapid acquisition processes; JCTD, JEON, etc.
- Experience with operational concept development.
- Ability to get security clearances in their respective country.
Academic and other qualifications:
- BS in Electrical or Astronautical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science (+ MS or PhD in same disciplines.)
- 10-15 related experience in :
- Space launch or spacecraft operations
- 3+ years’ experience in project/program management disciplines.
- Leadership experience with growing organizations, and workforce culture change.
- Lead teams up to 50 employees.