Hiber (hiber.global) is a young and fast growing company in the Internet of Things sector. Did you know that 90% of the globe has no affordable connectivity? So how can we ensure the fishing industry to be sustainable, improve the water usage whilst improving crop yields, and reduce the carbon footprints within the transportation sector? The answer is Hiber: by using a constellation of satellites we enable IoT for remote and rural areas. With our solutions, the opportunities for all types of businesses are boundless.
Hiber makes it possible to bring this hightech solution from space back to earth with simplicity and ease of use. As a Business Development Representative you are going show the world that remote IoT at scale is closer than ever before.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) plays a critical role in growing our business globally. The main focus of this position is in developing qualified prospects for our sales process through cold reach-outs as well as by picking-up inbound leads, referral network nurturing, partner channel development, and managing of various marketing and social media programs designed to cultivate prospects for deeper qualification.
You will join a fast-growing commercial team in our Global HQ in Amsterdam, this means you will get the chance to build your own success story and eventually manage your team! The BDR is actively involved in hiring and training the rapidly expanding team, which means you will create the foundation for further growth of Hiber’s team of BDRs.
- As Hiber’s BDR, you’ll stand amongst the proud frontline of our company. You’re the first touch point for potential clients as you proactively follow-up with leads and reach out to large enterprise companies; establishing and expanding our presence globally.
- You’ll generate, respond to, and develop qualified leads through outbound calls, emails, and other resourceful means. Handing hot leads over to the relevant Account Executive, you’ll ensure the Commercial Team have a consistently well-structured and populated pipeline.
- We need someone who can identify and understand prospect needs, comprehending the business drivers behind requests and presenting Hiber as a valuable solution. You’ll use your effective communication skills to perform sales presentations and give solid demonstrations of our best use cases.
- Aligning with the Marketing Team, you’ll research, arrange, and participate in regular networking opportunities such as fairs, events, and meet-ups.
- You’ll use your creativity to find new and improved ways of acquiring new prospects. All the while meticulously managing, tracking, and reporting sales activities and results.
- Generate sales qualified leads and therefore build a sales pipeline for the Account Executive Team
- Implement & establish the right process to qualify and convert marketing qualified leads
- Actively think about commercial inbound & outbound strategies with the marketing team and other BDRs
- Continuous learning through experimenting several sales techniques, sales tools, and sales strategies
What’s in it for you?
- Working with truly experienced professionals,
- Inspirational innovative start-up environment,
- The chance to become a Senior BDR and eventually manage your own team
- Being a part of a groundbreaking innovation with 21st century tech pioneers,
- Flexible hours, work-from-home options, office lunch, sauna, gym, chill floor (pool table, bar, dj set) and so much more!
You love tech and…
- A relevant Bachelor/Master degree with at least 3 years of (international) commercial experience in B2B, preferably used to working with large accounts;
- Fluent (preferably native) English – an extra language is a big plus;
- You’re business savvy and understands how business cases are created
- You’re a real hunter, you know what it takes to plan in qualified appointments;
- A standout teammate with excellent collaboration skills, you’re at home in a dynamic, challenging, and exciting scale-up environment;
- You have a keen interest in the tech industry;
- Organised, precise and proper work method
- Perfect English; exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Prospecting strategy and methodology
- Market research methodologies
- Strong discovery, qualification and questioning skills
- Good knowledge of CRM systems like Salesforce and/or Pardot
- Basic understanding of content and inbound marketing
- Proactive, optimistic go-getter with a getting things done mentality;
- Entrepreneurial and a natural born networker;
- Open minded, adaptive, knows how to adjust to surroundings;
- Organised, pragmatic and goal-oriented.
Hiber is an eclectic team of like-minded, big-hearted and seriously motivated guys and girls who want to change the world, for good. Pushing the boundaries is what drives us. We love tech. More importantly, we love what we know it can do to make everyone’s life better. And it is that human touch, that desire to improve everything, that sets us all apart and gives us a real buzz. We think of ourselves as 21st century tech pioneers. Exploring new possibilities every day. Doing what no one ever dared to do before. And succeeding. For us, tech isn’t a new app, game or social media fad. It’s a chance to make a real difference, long-term. Not a quick buck short-term.
To date, we hang out in offices in Amsterdam and Delft (home of a big tech university) in the Netherlands. But with more and more, open-minded thinkers and doers wanting to join us, who knows where’s next. For the space junkies amongst you, we launch our satellites with PSLV in India and SpaceX from Cape Canaveral.