Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- This position provides organizational support for customer programs and supplier quality requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for quality engineering, system and process improvements, supplier development and RCCA activity including non-conformance analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures.
- Lead quality functions for assigned programs from proposal through shipment to customer while complying with customer requirements and achieving cost and delivery expectations.
- Host customer quality audits and participates in internal quality audits.
- Interface with suppliers and customers concerning program quality requirements.
- Establish QA/QC tools for measuring supplier performance that affect our products and services.
- Issue formal supplier corrective actions (SCARs) and work with them to resolve problems.
- Issue internal and supplier Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Provides advice and guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards and government regulations.
- Analyzes design reliability and quality to recommend process changes and enhancements.
- Works closely with Engineering in bringing quality products to production readiness.
- Track action plans from supplier audits and assessments and monitor their activity for completion and correctness.
- Leads quality in production activities:
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, project engineers and design engineers.
The successful candidate preferably will have a BS/MS in science or engineering discipline with emphasis electronics.
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Knowledge and understanding of current ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality systems.
- Working knowledge with interpretation of engineering specifications, mechanical drawing and
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Knowledge of process capability concepts including Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Supplier Quality Assurance experience.
- Understanding of, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing practices, Problem Solving Skills and in depth understanding ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Strong skills in MS Windows – Excel, Word and Power-point. Familiar with and able to work in MS Project.
- Experience working in military or aerospace quality systems. Significant experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.