Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking an FPGA Electrical Engineer IV for our Motion Control Business Unit located in Longmont, CO.
- High speed digital design of motor control electronics
- Proficiency in FPGA design utilizing Verilog and VHDL
- Simulation and Timing Analysis
- Test Bench development
- Design Documentation
- Laboratory testing and validation
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- 8+ years with an emphasis on FPGA architecture, HDL development, and verification
- Experience with worst case analysis for power and timing in digital systems Mechanism or Electronics design
- Experience with standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other related STEM field
Desired Experience, Skills and Education
- Motion Control for BLDC and Stepper motors
- Aerospace industry experience, ideally with instrumentation that has space flight applications
- Digital, Analog and Embedded systems experience
- High Reliability Printed Circuit Board layout design
- Familiarity with radiation effect mitigation and architectures for digital systems
- PCB layout & Schematic Capture
- Board-level assembly and test including environmental testing
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.