Honeybee Robotics creates specialty robots, electromechanical flight subsystems, automated drills and other machines destined for work on Earth, Mars and beyond. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with innovative technology. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia and industry. Every Martian rover since 2003, has relied on systems built by Honeybee Robotics. Our passion for the planet continues as we work on future systems for Mars, planetary moons and asteroids.
This position supports the Production Manager and Production Team. They will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing engineering.
- Develops manufacturing processes to achieve defined quality and rate goals, including training of operators
- Plans, design and develops manufacturing tooling, machinery, and equipment
- Prepares process documentation including standard work packages, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format
- Populates product structures and routers in the ERP system
- Participates in new product development and failure investigations
- Develops preventative maintenance schedules and supports the mechanics in maintenance and repair of equipment
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance while maintaining the effectiveness of product work cell
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, production manager, technicians, program managers, project engineers, and design engineers
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS/MS in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing AND 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in manual and semi-automated mechanical assembly, process development and evaluation
- Experience in lean manufacturing systems and techniques
- Familiarity with configuration management practices
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to walk project teams and customers through the analysis
- Background in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of aerospace, robotics, mechanisms or related fields is highly desired
We offer excellent benefits, including; medical, dental, vision; life insurance; STD and LTD insurance; FSA/HSA, matching 401(k), paid holidays, vacation pay, sick leave, and tuition reimbursement.