Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- Mechanism design including bearings, gears, motors, springs, and other motion and static components
- Electrical design including component selection for electrical ground support equipment (power supplies, motor controllers, MCU’s, etc) and harnessing
- Design and implement control algorithms and provide feedback to system-level design
- Robotic system design including rapid component integration, detailed top-down development, and simulation
- High Reliability design and analysis for long life space applications
- Proactively identifying risks to technical progress and their appropriate mitigations
- Generating design, development, test plan, and interface control documentation
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS or MS (graduate degrees preferred) in applied engineering discipline (ME/CS/EE)
- 2 – 10 years of experience developing fielded robotic systems
- Excellent intra-team and client-facing collaboration and communication
- Confidence to take initiative in work, learn quickly, and pursue problems to completion
- Knowledge of motion component design for robotic mechanisms
- Knowledge of common sensor and actuator models, integration, and practical concerns
- Experienced in Matlab/Simulink, C, C++, Python, and familiar with other programming languages
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.