FPGA Electrical Engineer II
Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments.
With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- The FPGA Electrical Engineer II will support electrical systems development of robotic sample acquisition and handling devices used in planetary exploration.
- The Electrical Engineer will report directly to the avionics manager and interface with inter-disciplinary teams in development of control systems implemented on field programmable gate arrays and other complex logic circuits.
- Implement FPGA firmware to control robotic systems and manage interfaces.
- Support projects through all phases of development: concepts, prototyping, production.
- Develop and implement digital design test benches
- Perform worst case timing and margin analysis
- Establish and maintain a repository for FPGA Verilog/VHDL development
- Interface with between Hardware and software designers to provide support in developing interfaces
- Develop and generate test plans for both chip level and board level environments.
- Review test data and recommend changes to products and/or processes
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person
- BS or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in FPGA development for embedded systems
- Experienced with Verilog and VHDL
- Experienced with board-level communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, etc)
- Experienced with Microsemi FPGAs and tools
- Familiar with Altium schematic capture.
- Familiar with embedded C development.
- Detail oriented with STRONG emphasis on design documentation and code configuration control
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace