Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Junior Structural/Thermal Analyst will be responsible for carrying out thermal, mechanical, and structural analyses under the guidance of the senior analysis team. The position requires an understanding and application of analytical methods, finite element models and simulations, and other tools to produce models and perform analyses. This includes hand calculations as well as detailed structural analyses utilizing standard industry software programs (FEMAP/NXNASTRAN). The analyst will support design teams from concept development through product implementation.
- Review and implement product requirements
- Contribute to the development of mechanical/structural/thermal models of mechanical system.
- Interpret analytical results to support testing and design optimization of mechanical system.
- Prepare and present results with supporting documentation
- Work closely with engineers, manufacturing and technical management to communicate issues with design and develop solutions
- Review existing calculators (mixture of spreadsheets/Matlab/MathCAD), maintain and improve calculators and provide documentation and training
- Participate in design reviews
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of elasticity, plasticity, failure, and heat transfer in engineering material/structures.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) tools (FEMAP/NXNASTRAN preferred, other FEA/CAE software desirable)
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplined team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Ability to use MATLAB, Python, Excel, or other data processing tools to process FEM output is highly desirable
- Programming experience, especially in Python, Fortran, and/or Matlab
- Knowledge of Dynamic analysis
- Knowledge of thermal analysis (Thermal desktop/hand calculation)
- Knowledge of fatigue analysis
- Knowledge of bolted joint analysis
- Knowledge of PCB specific analysis
- Knowledge of space environments and standard
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.