Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options.
Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- Develop and maintain robotic control and measurement software systems for both embedded systems and Linux desktops
- Contribute to overall robotics software architecture and roadmap decisions
- Evaluate and identify improvements to system designs with specific focus on robust autonomy
- Implement software development, test, and release tools and processes
- Interface with scientists, engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production
- Create technical documentation (e.g. specifications, hazards analysis, etc.) for complex systems
- Provide hands-on support to cross-functional product development teams serving markets including space, defense, manufacturing, and other industries
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- University software education reinforced by software development work, internships, and/or student team competition responsibilities during university education
- 1-5 years of experience in software development for desktop, mobile, and/or embedded targets
- Fundamental understanding of computer architectures, information representation, control flow, and memory management
- Development experience with robotic systems and theory (e.g. mechatronics, kinematics, dynamics, sensing, control, planning, etc.)
- C (or C++) development on both non-realtime and realtime platforms
- Python development for rapid algorithm development and data analysis
- Development of distributed asynchronous and deterministic systems
- Fluency in distributed software version control with Git and modern distributed software development and collaboration workflows
- Ability to read schematics for troubleshooting and designing software
- Experience with developing communication device drivers (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN)
- Experience developing basic UIs for internal test development
- Experience developing or using control systems and control loops
- Real time control (RTOS fundamentals, real time software patterns)
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration architectures
- Understanding of aerospace development cycles/processes
- Understanding basics of databases
As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.