Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking a full time Principal Mechanical Engineer to work in the Altadena, CA location. Tasks will be to apply engineering principles in support of system level requirements derivation, product design, development, fabrication, assembly, and testing of various mechanical and/or electromechanical systems. This position requires strong mechanism design & technical leadership skills. Persons seeking this position should have the willingness to lead a small team to develop products designed for challenging environments, provide design feedback on several programs, and should have the ability to communicate well with customers.
- Design and analysis of mechanisms, bearing systems, and electro-mechanical systems
- Customer technical interface
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate
- Creates, reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated documents
- Confers with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, and cost of designs or applications
- Specifies system components or directs modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Investigates failures to determine root cause of those failures. Make corrective action recommendations.
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- 12+ years of experience, primarily working in Aerospace
- Expert in designing mechanisms and/or complex electromechanical systems
- Expert in designing and analyzing bearing systems
- Recognized a company leader and high-level contributor
- Determines program standards, objectives, and requirements
- Works with key leaders to make important organizational decisions May supervise large groups of employees
- Experience with all phases of development (proposal, design, production)
- Proactive and self-motivated
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.