Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer works with a multi-disciplinary team in product design, build, and testing of unique robotic systems.
- Mechanism design including original piece-part design, bearings, gears, motors, springs, and other approaches
- High Reliability mechanical design and analysis for long life space applications
- Drafting fabrication documentation and vendor specifications
- Hands-on hardware assembly and test including environmental testing, shock, vibration and thermal
- Technical leadership of projects with a high degree of latitude, handling highly complex issues and problems
- Motion Control for spacecraft actuation
- Data acquisition systems configuration and testing support
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate/avoid
- Review test data and recommend changes to products and/or processes
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to junior engineers
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 7+ years’ experience OR MS with 5+ years of experience
- Proficient with a variety of computer aided design & analysis
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on fast-paced projects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space.
Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology.
As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.