Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- Honeybee Robotics is seeking a full-time Senior Systems Engineer to work in the Altadena, CA location.
- Tasks will be to apply engineering principles in support of system level requirements derivation, product design, development, fabrication, assembly, and testing/validation/verification of various mechanical and/or electromechanical systems.
- This position requires strong systems engineering skills for electro-mechanical & robotic systems. Technical leadership skills are also required.
- Persons seeking this position should have the willingness to lead a small team to develop products designed for challenging environments, provide design feedback on several programs, and should have the ability to communicate well with customers.
- Requirements Derivation & tracking for electro-mechanical & robotic systems
- Design specifications to communicate requirements to subsystems and/or suppliers
- Design plans to verify / validate requirements
- Team leadership
- Ability to read, plan, and modify or recommend changes to schedules
- Support testing of products
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate
- Review test data and designs and recommend changes to products and/or processes
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person
- 6+ years of experience, primarily working in Aerospace
- Experience defining and tracking requirements for electro-mechanical and/or robotic systems
- Experience with all phases of development (proposal, planning, design, production)
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on design documentation and summary report generation
- Proactive and self-motivated
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace