Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space.
As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Founded in 1983, we received our first NASA contract in 1986. Since then, we’ve pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
The Electrical Engineer IV supports the development, design, test, and manufacturing of Honeybee Robotics’ electronic Motion Control products and systems. Starting with proposal support and labor estimates, this position will shepherd multi-board designs through development, eventually transitioning a flight-ready product to the manufacturing and test engineering teams.
This individual will regularly lead the electronic design function within multi-disciplinary project teams, develop/improve design processes, lead internal design reviews, and interface with customers in a technical role. This includes informal team task management, reviewing the work of other team members, and documenting work appropriately to get to “done.”
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience with embedded system design, including:
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Digital, Analog, and Mixed Signal Design
- Board-level communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CAN)
- Controlled impedance for high-speed channel design (SpaceWire, 10GbE, SerDes)
- Linear and Switch Mode DC/DC Power Conversion
- Documentation (Test Procedures & Reports, Interface Control Documents, ECOs)
- Familiarity with:
- Design Analysis and Simulation (WCA/WCCA, Reliability, Radiation, Spice)
- Cable and Wire Harness Design
- Signal and Power Integrity (SI/PI)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Extensive experience in prototype development, debug, and test in a lab environment
- Demonstrable experience designing and launching products in regulated environments
- Experience designing motion control and electromechanical systems for space environments
- Successful history of leading technical teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with:
- EEE-INST-002 and radiation-hardness/mitigation
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Generation of technical proposal content and labor/cost estimation
- Altium Designer
- Familiarity with:
- DSP and Microcontroller firmware development in C
- FPGA Design (Verilog and VHDL)
- System and functional requirements generation
Salary range: $120,000 – $146,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.