Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- Collaborate with IS VP to develop and implement strategic growth plans
- Identify market needs for on-orbit robotic systems within the NASA, DOD, IC, & commercial communities
- Leverage existing, and expand on, networks of trusted relationships with key decision makers and influencers to deliver on existing programs and identify new opportunities
- Take lead on various business initiatives (e.g. develop white papers and proposals, prepare presentations, exploration of new market segments, voice of the customer research)
- Interface with roboticists, managers, and executives to ensure new development programs conform to client expectations. Maintain client relationship throughout project execution.
- Attend prospective client meetings and technical conferences (Travel 10-30% as needed)
Support VP with proposal preparation by:
- Work with customer to define statement of work
- Lead preparation of work plan and resource estimations with input from engineering team
- Gain approvals from senior engineers and management
- Identify risk associated with proposed effort
- Lead preparation of proposal document for delivery to client
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS/MS in Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of business development experience within the space or defense industry introducing advanced technology or robotics products
- Existing strong network within space robotics community including government and industry
- Demonstrated ability to identify and win new business opportunities
- Technical interest and ability to understand robotics technologies and ability to communicate a technological capabilities and limitations
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Team player. Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ownership, passion, and a love for solving problems
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- PhD in Engineering or related field
- Direct experience with advanced space technology programs for NASA, DOD, or IC
- Proficient in MS Project
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.