Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Control Systems Engineer will lead design, development, integration, and verification of control algorithms for bespoke motion control and actuation systems for aerospace applications. Candidate will be responsible for all phases of servo control system design and implementation including working knowledge of BLDC and stepper motors, motor drive circuit design, simulation, system identification, control algorithm design, firmware implementation and performance validation. A successful candidate has a working knowledge of Continuous and Discrete-Time Modeling using Simulink.
- Codevelop system architectures with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers which satisfies customer requirements, including requirements definition for individual servo components (electric motors – power, speed, torque; gear trains – reduction ratios, lash, break loose torque; feedback devices – resolution, accuracy, noise, etc)
- Create, analyze, and maintain plant and controller models in MATLAB / Simulink of electronics, electromagnetic devices, gear trains, and mechanical structures
- Collaborate with electrical and software engineers to implement controllers in embedded systems
- Define, implement, document and train engineering standards and workflows for control systems
- Participates in all relevant design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Identify technical risk and develop mitigation strategies
- Support bid & proposal activities related to servo control systems
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person
- BS in Control Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, or other aligned engineering field with 6+ years of experience or MS with 4+ years of experience
- Analytical and practical knowledge of electro-magnetic and mechanical devices
- Knowledge of sensors used in electromechanical feedback systems
- Proficient with MATLAB / Simulink, including ability to create physics-based models represented in state-space notation
- Experience with controllers implemented in FPGAs and/or microcontrollers a plus
- Experience working in Aerospace a plus
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidates specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Pay Range: $108,000 – $138,000 per year