Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments.
With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- The FPGA Engineer III supports the FPGA scope of development, design, test, and manufacturing of Honeybee Robotics’ electronic Motion Control products.
- This individual will participate in multi-disciplinary project teams to implement FPGA based control systems, owning individual design tasks, participating in design reviews, documenting designs, and interfacing with customers in a technical role.
- This may include reviewing the work and tasks of more junior engineers.
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer
- Engineering and 5+ years of relevant work experience
Experience with FPGA design for embedded systems, including:
- Verilog and VHDL
- Board-level communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CAN)
- Documentation (Test Procedures & Reports, Interface Control Documents, ECOs)
- Source control systems (Git, SVN)
- Additional software languages (C, C++, Python)
- System and functional requirements generation
- Brushed/Brushless DC Motor control
- Experience in prototype development, debug, and test in a lab environment
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience designing motion control and electromechanical systems for space environments
- Radiation hardening and mitigation techniques for FPGAs (SEU, TMR)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Digital, Analog, and Mixed Signal Design
- Design Analysis and Simulation (WCA/WCCA, Reliability, Radiation)
- Linear and Switch Mode DC/DC Power Conversion
- Signal and Power Integrity (SI/PI)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidate’s specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Pay Range: 105,000 -130,000 per year
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
- Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace