Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics is hiring machinists in Longmont! Come work in our growing high mix/low volume aerospace machine shop. We have a large variety of different machines, from manual machines, through multi-axis CNC mills and live tool lathes, to CNC Grinders and a sinker EDM. As a shop, we are looking for innovators, so we can continuously improve processes, both on and off the machines. Our parts can be challenging, and we hold tight tolerances every day, so machinists are encouraged to collaborate to overcome these challenges. Honeybee also encourages growth and training of its employees and provides plenty of opportunities to do so.
Honeybee Robotics makes next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. Since 1983, we have completed thousands of projects including flight heritage across a range of important commercial and exploration missions. We are looking for a Machinist III with Honeybee Robotics in Longmont, CO.
- The CNC Programmer is responsible for designing fixtures, programming, and performing set-ups for precision-machined parts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete fixture design using SolidWorks software
- Complete part programs using Inventor CAM (Autodesk software)
- Identifying tools needed with complete tool list and setup sheet
- Perform set-ups at the machine to complete the program/set-up process
- Working at the machine with machinists to run first pieces on new written programs
- Working at the machine with machinists to problem solve through machining/program issues
- Using proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards
- Using proper feed, speed, and other cutting parameters based on work piece materials primarily hardened/non-hardened stainless steels as well as aluminum, vespel, torlon, and techtron
- Revising programs as needed based on engineering or production required changes
- Other similar or related duties as required
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Must have experience holding tight tolerances, as low as +.0002/-.0000
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with SolidWorks.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CNC programming.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CNC operation with setup experience.
- 5 axis programming experience a plus.
- Dual spindle lathe programming experience a plus.
- Inventor CAM or Fusion 360 software experience a plus.
Above average knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading and inspection tools
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate technical instructions to semi-and non-skilled labor.
- Work with little or no supervision, previous lead experience a plus.
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet all ITAR and BATFE background requirements
Skills/Abilities Essential To This Position
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Job specific mathematics
- Hand and power tool use
- Results oriented
- Blueprint reading
- Set up and utilize gages
- Quality Oriented
- Inspection of work
- Team oriented
- Customer focus
- Mechanical ability
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidates specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Pay Range: $27-33/hourly
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
- Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace