Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options.
The Mechanical Engineer will join the team of engineers dedicated to the Avior product line of high performance actuator systems. This consists of brushless permanent magnet motors, stepper motors, eddy current dampers, planetary gearing, commutation modules and other complimentary modular components such as brakes, rotary accelerometers, and resolvers that make up the architecture of the actuation systems.
- Actuator design including motors, gearing, bearings, rotary and linear actuators
- Actuator architecture using existing standard modular designs
- Analyses required to satisfy customer requirements for actuator performance, life, and environment
- Modelling and design documentation of the actuator systems using CAD
- Support of assembly and test including performance, shock, vibration and space environments
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate/avoid
- Identify and recommend changes for product and/or process improvement
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience OR MS with 5+ years of experience
- Experience working in Aerospace
- Proficient with computer aided design and analysis tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with LabView and MatLab a plus
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible.
Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation.
Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.