Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Principal Engineer for our Longmont, CO facility. The Principal Engineer will lead development and verification of custom mechanisms and electromechanical subsystems for spaceflight applications.
- Understand the voice of the customer and continually inject that vision into the product development effort
- Develop conceptual designs and work plans for new product development including estimation of resources required
- Perform top level architectural design and preliminary analysis/sizing of spaceflight electromechanical hardware
- Act as the primary interface between mechanical and electrical engineering teams
- Analyze and define product functional requirements
- Analyze and define subsystem requirements including: mechanical, electronic, embedded systems and software, etc.
- Own product functional and validation requirements
- Perform hazards/risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies
- Apply engineering principles to, and directly participate in, the design, fabrication, assembly, and test of various mechatronic systems
- Generate and review fabrication, test, and quality assurance documentation and vendor specifications
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of post-grad experience developing custom mechatronic products
- 3+ years of product development team leadership experience is preferred
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods including hardware & software for fast proof-of-concept development
- Experience writing and maintaining design and test quality assurance documentation
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with all phases of development including requirements analysis, prototype design, product design, assembly, debug, and testing
- Expert in CAD (e.g. Solidworks or equivalent)
- Excellent intra-team and client-facing collaboration and communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidates specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.