Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics seeks a Quality Engineer II. Ensure the quality of the built assemblies meet all customer expectations, align with the intended design configuration and ensure all non-conformances are documented appropriately. In addition to project-based quality, maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
- Develop product specific quality programs that comply with customer requirements and achieve cost and delivery expectations.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including product design, product management, and production, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
- Determine root cause and implement corrective action for product defects.
- Participate in internal quality audits.
- Participates in new product development and failure investigations.
- Use Lean Manufacturing tools to improve quality and reduce defects.
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, project engineers and design engineers.
- Review and buy-off on production and test travelers
- Compile product end-item data packages.
- Interface with suppliers and customers concerning program quality requirements.
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS/MS in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Aerospace
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Demonstrated Technical expertise.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/Research skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt preferred
- Military or Aerospace quality system experience preferred
- Production floor experience
- Root cause, corrective and preventative action experience
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
- Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.