Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This position will support the Supplier Management organization and can be based in either Longmont, CO or Altadena, CA. The Supplier Quality Engineer will engineer and communicate the product and system requirements to the Supplier, participate and orchestra the plan for qualification from the supplier to reach a qualified product on time, regularly monitor the quality performance of suppliers and perform reviews and take actions depending on the cause of any problem (such as assessments, problem solving activities etc.) to secure continuous compliance and manage the supplier quality performance issues, serve as the liaison for suppliers, suggest structural quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineers in a team environment.
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews and Drawing Reviews. Assist with First Article Inspections per (AS9102 or equivalent) and Source inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing, and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Conducting supplier visits when necessary, to assist and verify supplier implementation of corrective actions.
- Support process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier’s processes are robust and capable.
- Review Purchase Requisition and Purchase Orders for quality clauses flow-down to supplier
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well, and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products to specifications and on time
- Perform Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to Director level Management.
- Collaborate and foster positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (both domestically and internationally)
Education and Experience
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in products manufacturing processes
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100/AS9102/Equivalent (standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry)
- Experience in products/material root cause analysis and corrective action
- Experience collaborating with external suppliers and internal teams
- Experience with statistical process control
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
- Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.