Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified by company and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignments
- Interprets drawings, calculates and determines indices, tapers and other dimensions to be used for part(s)
- Performs layout work as required
- Receives tools and paperwork; establishes and maintains logbooks
- Selects and grinds tools, adjusting tools, speed and feed rates for efficient machining
- Machines parts to precision requirements of tolerance and finish
- Sets up and operates machine tools, lathes, grinders, mills, and hones
- Performs dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance or production equipment
- Repairs and maintains all assigned machines and equipment
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer
- Assists in inspection of tooling and operates most inspection equipment
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures for area of responsibility
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations
- Follows company quality control standards to include in process inspection and documentation.
- Produces and inspect parts
- Deburrs own parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed
- Performs and record first piece inspection and in process inspection sheets.
- Assists others with machining problems
- Sets up proven jobs on CNC machinery, adjusts equipment, tooling requirements and maintain efficient production of high quality parts
- Applies independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard machining techniques, procedures, and criteria
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 2-4 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: standard machine shop and manufacturing practices; knowledge of metallurgy, heat treatment; nomenclature of assigned equipment
- Ability to demonstrate skill in operation of grinders, lathes, drill presses, and other machine shop equipment
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to demonstrate skills relating manufacturing processes
- Ability to work with basic math, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Ability to describe the sequence of operations to complete the job
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.