Delivering Innovation Today
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments.
With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- The analyst will be responsible for carrying out thermal and structural analyses for our framed motor offerings.
- This includes gearing analysis and bearing analysis in addition to thermal and structural analyses. The position requires an understanding and application of analytical methods, finite element models and simulations, and other analysis tools to produce models and perform analyses.
- This includes hand calculations as well as detailed stress analyses utilizing standard industry software programs (Thermal Desktop, ANSYS or FEMAP).
- The analyst will support a design team from concept development through product implementation.
- Typical analysis workflow includes
- Review and implement product requirements
- Develop structural/thermal models (incl. identifying the appropriate level of detail to be modeled, meshing, selection of boundary conditions and constraints, selection of applicable material properties, conduct and interpret FEM validity check runs to verify model suitability)
- Interpret analytical results and recommend design improvements
- Prepare and present results with supporting PowerPoint and Word documentation
- Work closely with engineers, manufacturing and technical management to communicate issues with design and develop solutions
- Review existing calculators (mixture of spreadsheets/matlab), maintain and improve calculators and provide documentation and training
- Participate in design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related discipline
- 2-6 years of experience in a directly related role
- Candidate must have structural analysis and thermal analysis experience
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplined team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. Person
- Experience with FEA tools (ANSYS preferred, NASTRAN desirable)
- Experience with Thermal Desktop
- Experience with thermal networks, lumped mass/capacitance thermal models
- Ability to use MATLAB, Python, Excel, or other data processing tools to process FEM output is highly desirable
- Knowledge bolted joint analysis
- Knowledge of electromechanical actuators
- Knowledge of space environments
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline
- Strong desire to understand fundamental principles underlying analyses
- Ability to implement fundamental principles to carry out new analyses for the many engineering challenges Honeybee works on
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidates specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pay Range: $75,000 – $115,000 per year
Our Pay for Performance Philosophy
We ensure that our peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and rewarded appropriately. Our compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to competitive total rewards.
- Competitive Salaries and Bonus plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Recognition Rewards
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with competitive match
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Honeybee Robotics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace