Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options.
Responsible for technical as well as non-technical management of multiple aerospace projects, acts as project interface to the customer and organizes customer facing project reviews such as PDRs and CDRs. Leads project planning, requirements scope/change management, as well as cost and schedule compliance.
- Develop project plans. Establish appropriate planning and controls details to meet project requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Communicate and execute project plans starting with Project Kickoff
- Lead smaller projects independently and larger projects together with Systems Engineer for teams consisting of Design, Electrical, Software, Project Engineers, as well as Technicians. Lead team meetings, assign and/or record action items in agile project management tools and assure follow through
- Manage technical and project level risks, stay on top of scope changes and contractual modifications and identify & communicate corrective actions
- Organize and Lead customer Milestone Reviews such as PDRs and CDRs and assign action items as required
- Compile and present project status, schedule and budgetary EVM statistics to customers or company management as required
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from an accredited university in engineering, technology management, or related field
- 5-10 years related experience in a business developing and manufacturing complex aerospace products
- PMP certification preferred, but not required
About Honeybee Robotics
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.