As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Founded in 1983, we received our first NASA contract in 1986. Since then, we’ve pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
The Avionics Integration and Test Engineer is responsible for developing electrical systems from concept through product testing for terrestrial and off-world robotic sampling systems and will define, plan, execute, and manage integration and testing for avionics hardware and software for a variety of aerospace robotic products.
- Analyze and define test verification matrices.
- Schematic design and PCB layout.
- Develop electrical system diagrams.
- Lead testing of space flight avionics hardware & software.
- Work with a team of engineers to develop test requirements.
- Perform integration and tests on aerospace robotic products.
- Develop and oversee avionic integration and test laboratory.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and test reports.
- Develop budgets and schedules for product testing.
- Root cause determination of failures and anomalies from first principles.
- Ability to understand, test, and troubleshoot complicated systems.
- Evaluate test processes in the lab to maximize uptime, reduce setup time, and increase test throughput.
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 10+ years working with avionic systems.
- Experienced with Avionics testing hardware and software.
- Experienced with Electrical Lab test equipment, including oscilloscopes, VNA, and multimeters.
- Expert in circuit analysis.
- Process development, project management, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Salary range: $103,000 – $128,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.