Junior Electrical Engineer
As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Founded in 1983, we received our first NASA contract in 1986. Since then, we’ve pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
The Junior Electrical Engineer will support the electrical systems development of robotic sample acquisition and handling devices used in planetary exploration. The Electrical Engineer will report directly to the avionics manager and interface with inter-disciplinary teams in the development of electrical components and avionics systems.
- Conduct analog and digital circuit debugging.
- Perform circuit analysis.
- Support projects through all phases of development: concepts, prototyping, production.
- Develop and generate work instruction packages for manufacturing and test of circuit card assemblies.
- Execute test work instructions.
- Perform electrical evaluation and selection of instrumentation (temperature, pressure, position, etc.).
- Review test data and recommend changes to products and processes.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Solid circuit theory fundamentals.
- Experienced with Altium schematic capture and PCB layout tool or equivalent.
- Familiar with embedded C development.
- Familiar with Spice simulation.
- Proficient with using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and LCR meters.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on design documentation and test summary report generation.
Salary range: $79,000 – $99,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.