Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
As the Director of Program Management for the Motion Control unit at Honeybee Robotics, you will report to the Business Unit Director and directly support program execution. This position will support all aspects of program management to include cost, schedule and risk management as well as working with the Honeybee internal organizations and suppliers to deliver quality hardware, on time.
Primary responsibilities of the Motion Control Director of Program Management are:
- Lead the Program Management function for the Motion Control business unit
- Lead development and improvement of processes and tools necessary to execute the Program Management function
- Manage the team of Program Managers to execute the Program Management function
- Ensure Program Managers adhere to standard policy and process through training and monitoring
- Work closely with Finance and Business leadership to report program status (cost, schedule, technical risk) and problem solve as necessary
- Take on Program Management role for strategic projects and programs when necessary
The Program Management function is responsible for:
- Planning and coordination of the resources necessary to successfully design, build, test, and certify all Motion Control programs.
- Supporting the proposal process by providing planning inputs and cost estimates to the proposal team.
- Leading cross-functional Integrated Product Teams to drive execution of complex development and production programs to meet customer and internal business requirements.
- Frequently communicating to represent the customer to our internal team and represent our team to the customer.
- Reviewing and reporting on monthly cost and schedule variances, corrective actions and supporting finance and schedule updates.
- Supporting the development of internal business staffing plans, hiring and training plans.
- Risk Management – Continuously working with engineering and operations teams to identify and resolve risks across the product lifecycle using industry standard risk management process and tools.
- Leading program trade studies involving cost, schedule and product performance as necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining regular business rhythm, consistent products, action tracking, and consolidated information for effective decision making.
- Developing project summary presentations for customer reviews, internal team meetings and support to Honeybee programs and teams.
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- S. in an aerospace, mechanical, or systems engineering-related field (or equivalent experience), with 15+ years of relevant experience in complex product development environments.
- Proven ability to build relationships with customers and other external stakeholders
- Ability to achieve by influencing others and to create a motivational environment where team members understand the mission, are fully engaged and empowered to execute
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- NASA, DOD or commercial spaceflight or aerospace project experience with working experience in all phases of a typical project life-cycle phases is required; this experience is preferably gained through technical or programmatic leadership roles while working at one of these agencies, a prime contractor or lower tier supplier.
- Familiarity with government contractor cost accounting requirements and industry standard project/program accounting practices and methods such creating Work Breakdown Structures, earned value assessments as well as cost estimate to complete tasks and projects (ETC/EAC’s)
- Highly organized leader with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated track record of resourcefulness, strong business and technical judgement and bias for action from their previous assignments.
- Demonstrated change management experience leading initiatives to improve business processes, company policies and/or team structures.
- Successful experience in hiring and developing great people with diverse skill sets and demonstrated ability to motivate and organize effective teams and resolve conflicts.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and ability to travel in support of the program, customer and employee activities
About Honeybee Robotics
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.