Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing, procurement and delivery of raw materials, machined components, contract manufacturing & services in support of FSG Engineering Development and Operations teams.
- Experienced working with Aerospace and Defense products and processes.
- Coordinates procurement on customer design and development projects in a team environment with Product Development Engineers, Production, Quality and other personnel for maximum operational effectiveness.
- Works with the team as procurement representative on new product business proposals.
- Functions include: leading the assessment of supply base capability vs need, supplier sourcing, risk assessment, supplier selection & development, negotiation with suppliers, scheduling, ERP / MRP system planning, supplier contract management, conflict resolution and maintaining cost- effective inventory control for all materials.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements with respect to purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to.
- Creates CPSR compliant procurement justification packages and procurement cost analysis in accordance with best practice and the requirements of FAR/DFAR.
- Leads or participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Provides input into the supplier development process by evaluating suppliers’ performance and working with suppliers to facilitate improvements in cost, quality and delivery.
- Experienced in low to medium volume, developmental level procurement in a collaborative, fast paced, team environment. Manages multiple projects at the same time at a tactical level.
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- The successful candidate must have a BA/BS, and a minimum of 4-6 years of tactical purchasing experience in new product development.
- Alternately – Strong and demonstrated equivalent experience and a minimum of 4-6 years of tactical purchasing experience in new product development for the aerospace/defense industry is required.
- APICS or NAPM certification a plus. Must be willing to travel on a limited basis.
- Experience in both low volume, development scale procurement (R&D), up to low / medium volume production procurement is required.
- In depth understanding ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Excels in a dynamic work environment.
- Energetic, ability to work independently, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit. Experienced in working as a part of independent product teams is a must.
About Honeybee Robotics
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.