Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Honeybee Robotics (HBR) seeks a candidate for the position of Engineering Coordinator. This is a temporary position – in all cases, there will be opportunity to convert to a permanent position if individual performance and business conditions allow. This role will report to the Director of Engineering in Longmont, CO.
This position will support a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization of engineering leaders, and other support functions. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for administrative tasks and functions that support the successful execution of work within the immediate department and within other organizations that spans multiple sites. The Engineering Administrator will be responsible for the following activities including, but not limited to:
- Regular follow-up on engineering milestone tracking and reporting
- Providing executive administrative support for day-to-day activities and projects
- Gathering numerical data, analyzing, and compiling results
- Preparing customer data item deliverables in support of engineering staff
- Preparing purchase requests and track hardware deliveries in support of the engineering staff
- Developing and coordinating internal and external events
- Coordinating training for engineering department
- Making travel arrangements, including scheduling flights, ground transportation, Scheduling itinerary, meetings, and other related activities.
The successful candidate must have a positive attitude and be a self-starter. This candidate will be central to the coordination of several departments and initiatives which will require a high level of organizational savvy, composure and approachability. In addition, the ability to communicate effectively and act professional is important as this role will interact with customers and executive management. HBR is an ITAR compliant company and must comply with the US Department of State, Directorate of Defense Controls, because of ITAR, HBR limits employment to US Citizens or permanent residents of the US.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software (Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel including pivot tables & formulas of moderate complexity)
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to meet commitments on time
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Good at verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to deal with change
- Prior experience working within an engineering organization
- A desire to learn new skills
- Experience working with an ERP system such as IFS
- Experience with SharePoint site management
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.