Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
Supports robotics and measurement software systems development.
- Oversee site-wide software development efforts
- Develop and maintain robotic control and measurement software system for both PCs and embedded systems
- Lead efforts in testing and validation on robotics software and control systems
- Manage software field deployments and provide support on-site and remotely to customers
- Deriving and owning software system requirements and schedules
- Evaluating and identifying improvements to system design with specific focus on robust autonomy
- Interfacing with scientists, engineering managers, product management and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production
- Provide hands-on support to cross-functional product development teams servicing markets including space, defense, medical, manufacturing and other industries
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience (or 8+ with MS) in software development for either PC or embedded targets
- Experience designing effective software architectures for critical high-reliability systems
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ development
- Capability to write maintainable and responsive multithreaded and multi-process applications
- Knowledge of digital communication systems (Ethernet, USB, async, serial, CAN, SPI, I2C)
- Experience with space flight avionics or ground system software, particularly on planetary exploration missions
- Experience with distributed networked software for controls (i.e. ROS)
- GUI development experience (Qt experience preferred)
- 2+ years RTOS development experience
- Knowledge of robotics motion systems (e.g., manipulator kinematics and dynamics)
- Knowledge of automated software test and continuous integration systems
About Honeybee Robotics
Honeybee Robotics creates advanced robotic systems for the world’s most demanding environments and applications. We are an R&D engineering company that creates unique solutions for our customers’ challenges, on Earth and in space. Our robotic solutions are designed to enhance the user experience and extend capabilities beyond what’s currently possible. Industries we serve include spacecraft, planetary exploration, and defense robotics. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with the best technology. As an R&D service provider, we are deeply committed to delivering results for our customers and partners, from early-stage feasibility studies to prototyping, to production and product validation. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia, industry, and others. Headquartered in Longmont, CO with facilities in Pasadena, CA and Brooklyn, NY.
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.