Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities and aircraft and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
Honeywell Connected Industrial (HCI) Line of business is a leading provider of enterprise software to process industries such as petro-chemical manufacturers. These offerings drive measurable business results for customers. The business is focused on outcome-based software solutions and engineering services, converting data into actions for the customer which enables greater reliability, safety and uptime & profitability. These solutions uniquely combine domain expertise and industry proven technology.
The Director – Software Engineering is a high-impact role responsible for the overall strategic vision for software including conceptualization, investment analysis, design, build, launch and performance for the Connected Industrial Vertical within the Honeywell Connected Enterprise platform. Critical to the success of this role is the candidate’s ability to understand the products and services of Honeywell Connected Industrial (e.g., their end-user’s needs and application, key business issues), and the ability to translate business requirements into practical application, ensuring that concepts get fully executed into product offerings that achieve a defined business outcome (e.g., business process improvement, new services innovation, end-user client analytics and business insight). The powerful combination of the Connected Industrial Platform consisting of advanced software application and data insight should deliver significant results measured by enhanced customer satisfaction, new services innovation, operational efficiencies and annuitized revenues.
The Director – Software Engineering will report directly to the VP-CTO Connected Industrial. The job includes responsibility for the leadership, actions and team development of a 50+ member technology team located in Bangalore. The emphasis of the job is on development and commercialization of new products and solutions through persistent and creative leverage of existing offering on a platform common to HCE.
The ideal candidate will have a broad experience which includes engineering R&D, software development, application development and middleware, cloud/platform computing, software as a service (SaaS) and connected as a service (CaaS).
- General management skills will include: business management acumen, experience in product development & management with the technical depth to marry both engineering and product development process, the entrepreneurial mindset to creatively solve engineering challenges andthe negotiation and collaboration skills required to work with others effectively in an agile environment.
- Technical management skills willinclude: knowledge of the Internet of Things (IOT) technology stack including connectivity protocols, software technologies like Hadoop, Kubernetes, Kong, Dremio, etc., time series databases, public cloud platforms such as MSFT Azure, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, asset and performance management, and working knowledge of DevSecOps principles including CI/CD.
- Prior experience delivering multi-tenant Internet of Things (IoT) SaaS solutions. Experience with Asset Performance Management and analytics solution is strongly desired. Experience with portfolio modernization is strongly desired.
- Prior experience delivering B2B solutions to challenging customers.Experience improving TTV and driving measurable reductions in customer project implementation costs through development of templatized configurations and evolution from customization to configuration.
- Cultural & Diversity skills will include: experiences in building a diverse workforce. Our teams live by its ‘teach and learn’ mantra. We value our more seasoned engineers because they bring additional value to our company by using their years of experience to guide the next generation. We also continue to support their professional development by paying for conferences, advanced degrees, and involvement in local and national organizations. Honeywell has a strategic goal to make our company stronger and work better by growing diversity. Although we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, we especially encourage women and other groups underrepresented in technology.
The Director – Software Engineering will have a broad set of responsibilities that will encompass the following:
- Lead a large software engineering organization responsible for design, development, testing and delivery of an enterprise class cloud native SaaS offering using agile development methodologies
- Create an Internet of Things (IoT) and advanced analytics offering that leverages IT and OT data that enables customers to improve their productivity, performance, reliability, and safety
- Attract, recruit, and lead next gen digital talent team to drive Honeywell Connected Industrial Technology goals. Build global organizational and talent development capability including succession plans. Ensure organization is positioned to support growth in emerging markets.
- Drive growth and innovation within a culture of technology, research, development and engineering functions by facilitating an environment of teamwork and desire to be the best.
- Collaborate and partner with Product Management and other organizations to plan and execute development projects, and to ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline
- Engage with customers/prospects with unique ability to create partnerships over contractual relationships
- Drive culture of continuous process improvement and innovation through leadership skills. Oversee the process and culture change from waterfall model to agile development methodologies
- Drive financial performance by meeting expense and capital budgets as well as developing budgets to fund growth programs supporting business goals.
A Masters or Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science preferred or equivalent relevant experience,
Understand and beat the competition. Never give up in the face of resistance/setbacks. Have fearless accountability for results. Be consumed with making things better and an insatiable curiosity for learning
Be a Zealot for Growth
Solve problems and see the world through the customer’s eyes. Promote confidence and trust. Aggressively focus on new opportunities and obsess over growth. Understand what creates value for customers. Promote a customer-centric organization that has a deep understanding of the needs of our customers.
Think Big…Then Make It Happen
Dream of the possibilities instead of limitations. Be willing to re-examine almost anything. Innovate with agility, iterate, test, try, take risks. Translate the best ideas into realistic, pragmatic, executable plans.
Act with Urgency
Act quickly when faced with ambiguity. Get the facts that you can, think, and then move with lightning speed. Use speed as a differentiator. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Take bold action on what you believe is right. Confront problems directly. Be comfortable being unpopular when required. Take on seemingly impossible goals and work out of your comfort zone.
Over deliver on commitments. Be committed to putting in your maximum work effort and always do what you say. Be the someone people trust to get things done and deliver.
Empower, develop, and set high expectations of direct reports, peers, and others. Accept and appreciate differences. Be inclusive, bring others with you, achieve things you never thought possible, and celebrate your wins.
Become Your Best
Seek and accept feedback wherever you can get it, decide what to change, and go for it. Be authentic, be curious, be confident and humble. Be aware of your own biases and work to overcome them. Read others’ reactions and adjust as you go. Bounce back from disappointments.
- JOB ID: req237390
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India