Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Job Description of Software Architect
Honeywell is a fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. As a global technology leader, we have 123,000 employees working in more than 100 countries.
Our quality products, coordinated system solutions, and services make life safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, and more innovative and productive in every corner of our world. Honeywell products touch the lives of most people every day, whether you’re flying on a plane, driving a car, heating or cooling a home, furnishing an apartment, taking medication or playing a sport.
Now Honeywell Security Solutions R&D is offering opportunities for Software Architect
You will take role as Software Architect, using your sophisticated knowledge of the Embedded engineering discipline, processes and tools to help Honeywell security business deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world’s most hardworking engineers. You will supply to the development of Honeywell’s next generation of security smart device products by designing, testing and/or validating products/processes from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise to ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers. You will get along with internal and external customers to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive product development of embedded gateways with both local and remote teams for new features and functionalities, working to provide innovative platforms, architecture and designs for full lifecycle, from specification through final manufacture and end of product life.
- Work as part of wider global organization collaborating with peers, teams and architects both within Honeywell fire and across other Honeywell business and teams passionate about specific technology and platform initiatives.
- Develop specifications from marketing requirements and product vision
- Aid in the design and development of applications and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of Honeywell’s customers.
- Take active part in fire system’s commercial new product development, including requirement analysis, feasibility study, architecture design, software implementation, testing and debugging
- Work with external ODM/OEM supplier or 3rd party vendor to develop product.At least 6-8 years proven experience Embedded Firmware design and development
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including communication of platforms, technologies, architectures and designs.
- Collaboration with marketing product owners
- Direct experience of embedded software and system development of small and large teams.
- Knowledge of end-to-end system design, platform and product line design and architecture
- Strong technical knowledge in Embedded C and Embedded C++
- Good working knowledge in Embedded Linux Operating System
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge on Fire System/Domain is an added advantage
- Product Cyber Security skills
- GB, EN, UL fire regulatory experience
- Understand agile software development spirit; Experience in agile software development is plus;
Bachelor/master’s degree with 6-8 years on computer Science, Electronics and Communication.
- JOB ID: HRD106827
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Devarabisanahalli Village, KR Varturhobli,,East Taluk – Phase I,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India